Litecoin core has forked into Litecoin Cash and you can claim it now.
The fork happened on 18th Feb, 2018 at the Litecoin block height of 1371111, which is why anyone holding Litecoin at block 1371111 will have 10x as much Litecoin Cash (LCC), provided they have their seed/private keys.
It is a friendly fork and has replay protection in place, so you need not worry about using your actual LTC coins.
Also, $5.5 per coins is quite decent for free money, because the fork ratio is 1:10, which means for every 1 LTC you will get 10 LCC.
Claiming your Litecoin Cash
Let me show you how to claim and access your free LCC easily. So we are going to recover LCC from the Coinomi Android wallet.
Before we begin, if you already have Coinomi, please update the mobile cryptocurrency wallet to the latest version.
Open your Play Store app, click on the top left menu, select ‘My apps & games’, and then click on the ‘Update’ button next to ‘Coinomi Wallet’.
If you don’t have Coinomi wallet yet, please install the latest version from your Android device Google playstore.
Once you’ve done that already, you can then start following the steps below…
- Access your LTC wallet where you had your LTC at the time of the fork
- Now from these wallets, take your seed words out. Seed words (or recovery phrases) are the 12, 18, or 24-word long phrases that you backed up while setting up your wallet
- Now use your Coinomi wallet along with these seed words/keys for restoring your LTC wallet on Coinomi
- Once your LTC wallet has been restored on Coinomi using these seed keys, you will be able to see the LTC balance that you had at the time of the fork
- Now in your Coinomi wallet, click on the top left menu, hit the ‘+ COINS’ button and select ‘Litecoin Cash’ from the mind-blowing list of Coinomi’s 86 supported coins and 214 tokens
- A pop-up dialogue will appear asking if Litecoin Cash (LCC) should be added. Hit the ‘ADVANCED SETTINGS’ button. If you clicked ‘Add’ instead, you need to delete your Litecoin Cash (LCC) wallet and add a new one. In the ‘Derivation Path’, enter: ‘M/44H/2H/0H’
- Click ‘ADD’.
Congratulations! You have successfully claimed your own free Litecoin Cash Coin (LCC) using Coinomi mobile wallet app.
Incase this guide did not work for you as you wished, please refer to Coinomi’s official fork claiming guide immediately.
Litecoin cash claim
If you follow this guide as it is, you will be able to claim LCC safely in your Coinomi wallet, as the wallet has been updated for LCC and you will be able to claim yours through it.
Cryptocurrency wallets like Jaxx, Mycelium, Ledger Nano, Blockchain.info, Exodus, or any other wallet that supports BIP44 type key generation.
To maintain high security for your crypto investment, you can read my guide on ways to secure your cryptocurrency wallet.