OpenSea is actually a centralized non-fungible token marketplace company.
Perhaps, that’s why you should consider deleting your OpenSea username and account for another alternative.
If that’s the case, don’t worry, because we’ve done research on what it will take to delete OpenSea username and account records.
Ethereum wallet will always exists on the blockchain, thus not all data related to your transaction can be erased.
Deleting an OpenSea account is a fairly simple process, but it does require that you will get in touch with the support team.
In this step-by-step guide, you’ll learn how to delete an OpenSea account very quickly, within a very short time.
Let’s dive right in!
How to delete OpenSea account
To delete an OpenSea account, you will have to navigate to the help centre and submit a new help request.
Below are the simple steps you should follow:
- Visit OpenSea NFT platform
- Navigate to the marketplace help centre
- Click on ‘Submit a Request’ button in the top right corner
- Select ‘My Account’ from the drop-down menu
- Select ‘Deleting Account’ from the list
- Submit your OpenSea username in the form
- Enter your cryptocurrency wallet address
- Fill in the ‘Subject’ form with your purpose
- Provide description on your reason of account deletion
- Then click on ‘Submit’ button to send the information.
Once you hit the ‘Submit’ button, it will take up-to 72 hours to get a feedback concerning OpenSea account deleting request.
To be honest, it might even take longer, so you’re advised to set up reminders to roughly once per week.
Ever since the introduction of GDPR by the European Union, and other similar legislation in various regions, data privacy regulations are more stricter.
Companies now need to provide a reasonable way for users to delete their personal data from their records as long as they aren’t necessary for tax reasons.
Despite OpenSea claiming to be a decentralized marketplace, it allows you to delete your account details.
It’s really not as daunting as it may sound, hence why this quick step-by-step walkthrough on how to delete an OpenSea account.