Using P2P platform is the easiest way to sell BTC in UK.
There are ever-growing number of places that you can sell Bitcoin (BTC) in the UK. But the only difference is the fees that are charged across them.
That’s to say, they’re not all created equal.
So where can you sell Bitcoin (BTC) in the UK without getting ripped off?
In this cryptocurrency buying guide, I’ve crafted how you can sell Bitcoin (BTC) in the UK. Just follow through, and you’ll be able to sell of your investment for cash.
Let’s get started.
How to sell Bitcoin in UK
To make this guide more simple, I will use Binance crypto exchange platform to guide you on the process to sell your Bitcoin safely.
- Visit and login, or sign-up on Binance
- Complete the KYC verification if you’re new
- Open your Bitcoin wallet (e.g. Ledger Nano X)
- Transfer BTC to exchange wallet account
- Confirm that you received the fund
- Go to your spot wallet on Binance
- Transfer the BTC to the P2P wallet
- Choose from list of Bitcoin buyers
- Open trade on desired amount of BTC
- Buyer pays to your preferred payment method
- Confirm that you received the money.
Congratulations… you have successfully sold your Bitcoin cryptocurrency for the first time on Binance!
Where to sell Bitcoin UK
These are the best ways and places to sell Bitcoin in the United Kingdom. If you use these exchanges, you will not have to worry about loosing your money.
1. Binance (Best Recommended)
This exchange offers nearly all crypto pairs between different cryptocurrencies. Read my Binance review to understand how it works.
Note: Recently, it now does offer some fiat currency withdrawals, but most of the pairs are between cryptocurrencies.
- Lower fees exchange among other commonly used platforms
- Large variety of different cryptocurrencies
- It is one of the most trusted exchange worldwide.
- Geared for more advanced users.
2. LocalBitcoins (Best Runner Up)
LocalBitcoins is an escrow service, which also helps to match buyers and sellers. And users may advertise trades for whichever payment method they choose.
Buying BTC via an in-person meeting, secured and facilitated by LocalBitcoins, may be one of the fastest and most private ways to buy Bitcoins in Nigeria and many more countries.
To learn more about this Person-to-Person Bitcoin marketplace works, you should read my LocalBitcoins comprehensive review.
- Can be private, fast and easy
- In-person trades require no personal information
- Purchases of bitcoin can be made quickly via cash deposit.
- Users risks the possibility of being scammed
- Harder to buy large amounts of Bitcoins compared to other exchanges
- Slightly higher prices than regular exchanges; premium for higher privacy.
People can transaction on Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Dash and USDT crypto on their terms, using any payment method.
There are more than 40 payment methods accepted.
Unlike other P2P marketplaces, LocalCryptos keeps you in charge (i.e. you are totally in charge of your cryptocurrency investment).
LocalCryptos takes a different approach.
They cut a platform risk by putting you in control of your wallet keys. When trading, only you know your private key – they never take custody of your coins.
- Highly secured
- Supports multiple coins
- You’re in custody of your keys
- Buyers get their crypto-coins fast
- Supports several payment methods
- Available in every country of the world.
- Limited number of cryptos
- Both buyers and sellers can be scammed.
4. Bitcoin ATMs
These Bitcoin ATMs have a restricted limit on how much you can withdraw, but for a small amount this may be a good option making cash withdrawals.
You can find Bitcoin ATM using a specific map designed to locate Bitcoin machines. Bitcoin ATM is quick and easy way to buy BTC and they’re also private.
That convenience and privacy, however, comes with a price; most ATMs have fees of 5-10%.
- Our map makes it super easy to find a Bitcoin ATM near you.
- Bitcoin ATMs often have 5-10% fees per purchase.
If you choose this option to sell your Bitcoins, then you should read my guide on how to withdraw cash using Bitcoin ATM.
Here are the frequently asked question about how to sell Bitcoin for cash in the United Kingdom. I hope you find answers to some of your questions.
Can you sell Bitcoin in reddit UK section?
Yes it’s possible, but that is one of the riskiest ways to sell your cryptocurrency investment online. Because you can easily get scammed by someone.
What is the cheapest way to sell Bitcoin in UK?
Sell Bitcoin in United Kingdom
If you are searching for some other places, where to sell Bitcoin in the United Kingdom, then you should make your choice from the list of reliable exchanges.
It supports all of the most popular cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Monero (XMR), Dash (DASH), ERC-20 tokens and more.